Successful Hajj applicants asked to apply for refund

ISLAMABAD:The successful hajj applicants, who do not want to go for Hajj due to any reason, have been directed by the Ministry of Religious Affairs to apply for taking back their deposited money from their relevant bank branch.

According to a notification of the Ministry, the refund forms could be obtained by clicking The forms should be deposited to Account Officer (Refund), Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Civic Centre, G-6, near, GPO, Islamabad.

The ministry will issue a Refund Authority Letter, allowing the applicant to get his deposited money back from the relevant bank branch.

After getting the refund, another application should be submitted to Section Officer (Hajj Policy) requesting the permission to allow his/her blood relative as his/her substitute to perform hajj in Government Hajj Scheme on his place.

The ministry will issue a letter, showing its consent to the substitute Haji. The substitute Haji will submit his Hajj application along with a copy of passport to relevant bank branch.

The successful applicant, who do not want to perform Hajj, should submit the reason of his withdrawal from performing Hajj including death certificate, medical certificate, etc. The substitute intending Haji must be a blood relative of the successful applicant.

The proof of relations, a copy of substitute’s passport, computerised national identity card (CNIC) should also be submitted to the ministry.