KARACHI:The withdrawal of Sindh Sales Tax (SST) on pre-paid and post-paid cellular mobile services caused a Rs 10 billion loss to the provincial government. This was stated by Chairman Sindh Revenue Board (SRB) Khalid Mahmood in a meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah here at CM House, said a statement on Monday. The Chairman SRB said that due to withdrawal of SST on pre-paid and post-paid cellular mobile service by the Supreme Court around Rs 10 billion loss has been calculated so far. He also pointed out that due to depressed economic conditions during the current financial year a reduction in corporate and government advertisements has also caused a Rs 3 billion loss to the provincial government of Sindh. The chief minister said that he was well aware of the financial conditions of the country, therefore the SRB must be facing problems in achieving the targets. “I am quite satisfied that the SRB was showing best performance,” he said. The chief minister reviewed the collection of SRB, Excise & Taxation, Board of Revenue, Energy, Mines and Mineral departments. All the department have almost achieved their targets and by the end of financial year they would successfully achieve them, he said.
- Pakistan to tour Down Under in November for T20, Test series
- Prosperity, progress of far-flung areas top priority: minister